Uttari Betta is a 5 kilometers trek through a breathtaking lush green landscape that offers quite distinct and beautiful views similar to those of the Western Ghats. It is among the most sought-after day hikes in Karnataka and is thought to be among the best in the state. The hike begins in a small town before entering the fort’s wall and going through seven stone gates to get to the halfway point of the hike which has a temple which is dedicated to Lord Shankareswar on the highest point on the hill.
The views from the temple’s top are simply stunning and will be awestruck for a few seconds. After we’ve walked through the temple, the journey goes on, through a small tunnel. Here we’ll experience a totally different and fascinating environment before reaching the grassland top of the hill. The summit is surrounded by huge boulders. After a few minutes on the top with conversation and an enticing picnic lunch, we start the long climb back to the beginning point of the hike at the end of the afternoon.
What does the Uttari Betta Trekking specialist have to have to say regarding the hike?
We start the trek at night, with the intention to reach the summit before sunrise early in the day. A small village that is not named is used as the point of departure for the hike. After traversing the hamlet for an acceptable amount of time in darkness then you’ll be in the barricade to defend yourself and go through seven stone entrances that will lead to the ultimate destination. Most of the path is unstable as it runs over steps and stones that have been made into a huge rocks. When you’ve passed through these gates and get to the midpoint of the climb.
It is designated by a shrine to Shankheshwar near the summit. When you reach the summit of the temple, the view is stunning enough to make you hold your mind for a bit longer than you normally. After passing through the temple, the path continues, through a tiny woodland tunnel and entering a completely other and awe-inspiring world and finally arriving in the grassland on the highest point of the hillock which is surrounded by huge boulders and stones as seen in the image.
When we reach the top at the top, we’ll be able to enjoy the stunning sunrise with only green grass, blue sky, as well as gray huge rocks that will accompany us on our trek. Recollect this incredible moment in your memory for the duration you can because it will help in reliving the ultimate peace you felt at the time later during your daily life.
The next day, when the sky was painted in a stunning array of colors We soaked up the beauty of the stunning sunrise. The descent will begin back to our base camp when it is finished. As you are enthralled by the stunning beauty of the slopes be sure to walk at a safe pace. We will stop for breakfast between, and then make the road towards Bangalore.
Trekking Directions for Uttari Betta
It is a form of sport.
The terrain is very rocky.
The event will run for a single day.
The difficulty degree is classified into 3 categories: moderate, easy and difficult.
It’s approximately 7 km (Both the routes)
The price is approximately Rs. 1300/-. (per person)
The itinerary for the Uttari Betta Trek
- Pick-up is at New Shanti Sagar Hotel in Domlur at 06:45 a.m.
- Start at 07:00 am at Garuda Mall located on Magrath Road.
- Have a quick snack on your way.
- 09:00 When you’ve reached the lowest point, you can start ascending.
- 11:30 Go up to the top and tour at the view. Bring a packed lunch to enjoy.
- Start descending at 12:30 p.m.
- 15:00 Arrive at the start point and start the return journey.
- The arrival time in Bangalore is anticipated to be at around 18:00.
Things to Take with You
- a water bottle with a capacity of 2.3 Liters
- The trekkers’ lunch will be served.
- These shoes are made to offer greater stability and comfort when walking. (It is preferred to wear hiking shoes that are Action)
- All of them must be kept in a suitable haversack.
- A quality torch with extra batteries is an absolute requirement.
- Sun hats and sunscreens are suggested.
- There are many dry fruits, snacks, and energy bars to choose from.
- Glucon D or ORS Tang/ Gatorade Sachets of the product are also available.
- Personal First Aid Kit and Personal Medical Identification Documentation
- Make sure you wear long sleeves and track pants to guard yourself from scorching heat, the sun’s rays, thorns insects, and prickles.